Then I got burned out and tired, and funnily enough that’s partially because of the food blogging (this takes time, folks!) and that’s good news if you’re looking for an easy lasagne recipe.
Even though I will always love cooking from scratch, I try to be much more open minded now. I have to be, because life keeps getting busier and sometimes it’s just too much effort to tackle a 2 hour recipe on a Monday night. But you’ve known that for years, right?
And sometimes finding something quick and delicious can be just as exciting, sometimes these recipes can be their own kind of special, like finding a way to surprise your family with lasagne at the end of a super busy weekday. (Is there any household that doesn’t consider lasagne a mega treat?)
So here it is. This lasagne is made from some convenience foods but not the predictable jarred bechamel / bolognese combo. A fresh tomato soup and some jarred or deli pesto are much nicer, and no less convenient. By using ready made lentils you won’t have to pre cook anything at all.
I like Covent Garden soups and Sacla pesto for this recipe because I am not freaked out by their ingredient lists and find them really tasty. You can experiment with different soups and pesto varieties, and you could easily make it vegan by using dairy free pesto and a plain soup with no cheese on the top. Experiment away!
- Package of no-pre cook lasagne sheets
- 600ml Carton of creamy tomato soup (about 2.5 cups)
- About 1 cup of pre cooked lentils from a jar or pouch
- 190g jar of green pesto (about 7oz)
- A couple handfuls of cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 180C / 350F
- You don't need to pre cook or pre mix anything. Just layer it all up cold.
- Pour a bit of the soup on the bottom of the pan and add the first layer of pasta sheets. My layers went like this: tomato soup topped with lentils / pesto / REPEAT / a topping made with the rest of the tomato soup, a sprinkling of cheese and the last dollops of pesto
- Cover the pan, and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes.
So, if easy vegetarian pasta dishes are your thing, you have definitely come to the right place. Here’s a few more from the collection! Mamma mia!